WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are text files used to perform automatic authentications, sessions tracking, and gathering of specific information about users accessing the server of Digita Vaticana Onlus. Specifically, cookies are small size text strings that are sent from Digita Vaticana Onlus's server to the user's web client (usually a browser), and subsequently sent back to the server (without change) each time the user accesses the relevant portion of the same web domain. A cookie is a small file that requires the user's permission to be stored on his or her hard disk. Once consent is given according to the features set out below, the file is stored and the cookie helps analyzing user´s web traffic, and keeping record of the visited websites and relevant timing. Accordingly, the user's needs and/or preferences influence any web application functioning by gathering and recollecting information as to the user´s preferences.
TYPES OF COOKIES, NATURE AND SCOPE OF COLLECTED DATA
Digita Vaticana Onlus uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical Cookies: are those cookies necessary to operate the Webite and to supply the services offered to the user.
- Cookies so-called "analytics": falling under the category of macro technical cookies, these are used by Digita Vaticana Onlus to statistically analyze accesses and/or visits to the Website and installed exclusively for statistical purposes and/or collect aggregate data. The cookie "Google Analytics" is currently used as to the website for the purposes described above.
- Session cookies: these technical cookies are sent by Digita Vaticana Onlus' servers - and occasionally from other websites - to the user's terminal in order to track the use of the website made by the user himself/herself in that particular session. These cookies are usually stored in the user's browser for the duration of the session, once the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies: these are permanent cookies that continue to operate even after the browser is closed, by furthering an easier and faster access to the Website.
- Functional cookies: they allow the Website to gather choices and preferences information about the user (user name, language, country) providing for more personalized services and better functionality.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect and analyze information concerning the use of the Website made by visitors (page views, number of visits, time spent on the website, etc.) in order to provide the user with an improved browsing experience. These cookies do not collect personal information about the user. All data collected by these cookies are aggregated and, therefore, anonymous, and used only to improve the Website functioning.
- Targeting/advertising cookies: they are installed in order to develop a profile of the user who visits the Website based on his/her behavior during navigation. They can also be used by third parties affiliated to Digita Vaticana Onlus to display on their websites banner ads as to the latest services displayed on the Website. As the user navigates within the Webite, these cookies are also used to show the user those services that may be of interest for him or her and/or services similar to those previously displayed by the user himself/herself, which are based on browsing history. The use of these cookies do not normally involve the processing of personal data, but it may enable connecting to the user´s computer or other devices, as well as tracking the data stored: these cookies connect to the browser installed on the user´s computer or on other devices used while browsing the Website in order to provide targeted advertising.
- Own cookies: these are the cookies installed directly by Digita Vaticana Onlus on the user´s device in order to efficiently operate the Website and track visitors´ patterns of behavior.
- Third-party cookies: those cookies are installed by other companies affiliated to Digita Vaticana Onlus on the Website. Digita Vaticana Onlus may encompass in its browser, announcements and ads, such as banner ads of other companies, which, in turn, would install further cookies. They can be used exclusively to store those data the user enters, under some circumstances, within one or more websites.
Digita Vaticana Onlus uses the following third-party cookies:
Digita Vaticana, as their owner, in accordance with Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, shall process personal data provided by users when registering to the Website or purchasing services offered through the Website itself. As set forth by article 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 "Personal Data Protection Act", Digita Vaticana shall inform its customers visiting the Website as to purposes and forms of data processing. Such disclosure shall focus only on those data shared upon visiting the Website, and shall not include any other data sharing occurred in relation to any other websites, possibly visited through link enclosed in the Website.
Article 7 of the Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 ("Privacy Code") entitles users of the Website to certain rights, including the right to obtain from Digita Vaticana Onlus confirmation of processing of personal data and the right to have those data made available for reference in an intelligible form.
Additionally, the Decree also entitles users to be aware of the origin of data, and of the logic and purpose on the basis of which they are processed, and to obtain cancellation, anonymization or blockage of those data that have been processed in violation of laws and regulations, as well as update, rectification or integration of data.
Eventually, users are entitled to bar the processing of data for legitimate reasons, or any time when the processing is made for marketing or commercial information reasons.
To enforce the above rights, the user may contact directly Digita Vaticana Onlus at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information provided by users who subscribe for sending of information or receiving newsletters are processed exclusively to perform the service or performance requested. In this case, Digita Vaticana Onlus may, upon user´s consent, use the email address provided by the user himself/herself during registration to send a periodic newsletter containing information concerning the services currently offered and the main news as to its business. However, the user has the possibility to opt out and disable the receiving of newsletters from one of these websites either during registration or later, by sending an email using our contact form or using the email address above.
CHANGE OF TERMS
QUESTIONS, COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
The owner of data processing is DIGITA VATICANA ONLUS, Via Ferdinando di Savoia, 3 00196 Roma, email@example.com